Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing
The internet has separated information gathering from the sales process for your customers and the importance of the web continues to grow for both sales and marketing. Businesses continue to invest in internet initiatives, but many are frustrated by initiatives that offer returns that are unclear or uncertain. Contrecoup will help you:
- Manage website development with your existing vendor,
- Balance the visibility, branding and usability of your on-line presence
- Develop killer on-line content,
- Earn high search engine visibility, and
- Track and monetize user behaviors.
Don't make web investment decisions on a hunch!
All marketing initiatives should yield a measurable return on investment (ROI). The good news is that web is the easiest of your marketing channels in which to to implement analytics, but internet initiatives need to balance delivery of your brand, usability of your site and visibility to search engines. Many hot buzzwords, such as PPC and SEO and SEM, are thrown about by specialists at businesses who do not understand their meaning. Let Contrecoup de-mystify this important area of marketing and help you take specific, measureable action to achieve your business objectives and satisfy your shareholders.
Contrecoup offers the following areas of expertise:
- Analysis - assessing on-the-page, off-the-page and structural factors to understand the current situation,
- Strategy - definition of goals and obejctives of your internet initiatives and the role of this channel of distribution for your business,
- Deployment - delivering your brand and its value proposition in a way visible to search engines,
- Targetting - defining and reaching your target audience, and
- Analytics - measuring and monetizing the behavior of leads and conversions.
We may recommend pay-per-click (PPC) marketing (also known as cost per click) programs until organic search marketing yields results. Many of our clients have Contrecoup manage these programs on their behalf. We will work with your existing vendors or suggest one of our strategic partners for design, hosting or maintenance. Our practice includes:
- Search Engine Management (SEM): Earn increased website traffic from search engines and other on-line media,
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): a combination of structural, on-page and off-page strategies and tactics to efficiently and effectively maximize traffic and increase conversions.
Better search engine results!
Many of our clients ask us if we can help "get them on the first page" of Google. No one can answer that question in the affirmative without more information. The question is really "for which keywords can I get better placement in search engines?" Finding the balance between relevant low-traffic keywords and broader terms to build traffic can be achieved with keyword research. We are proponents of well-researched keywords to optimize your web content in search engines. The three most important META tags are:
- Page title META
- Description META
- Keyword META
Contrecoup advises clients to invest in proper META tags for all public pages. You can request a link to spreadsheet (click buttom on the right) that will help you begin to learn more about META tags. A division of a B2B electronics manufacturer asked Contrecoup to research keywords for their website, to deliver a sitemap and META tags for titles, decriptions and keywords. Contrecoup posted to their site in mid-August. Results are summarized in the graph below:
The performance metric for the project was delivering more qualified traffic. While there were only ten keywords per page, use of the best keywords in the right manner yielded a 200% increase in (unpaid) keywords that brought roughly an additional 200% of traffic to the site. More qualified traffic means more qualified leads, and more qualified leads mean more prospects and opportunities to 'close' for your sales team.
We work hard for client success! One of the differences clients experience with Contrecoup is that we deliver recommendations tailored to your needs! Call (630) 482-2344 today.